Sunday, May 31, 2009

Celebration

Saturday was our grand opening of the new shop and we had Steve Morrison on hand from the 'Preston & Steve' morning radio show on WMMR. Steve was signing copies of the 'League of Extraordinarily Stupid Gentlemen' comic and talking to fans for a few hours. Brian Coates, the artist and writer of the comic was signing copies and meeting with folks as well. The store was packed most of the day but, unfortunately, most of my pictures came out really fuzzy. The folks working WMMR took lots of pics. I can't wait to see those.

Here is a pic of the Rich the 'Peace Dawg' working the new counter.

Later on Supergirl, Spidey and a dark emissary from the galactic empire cut the cake for incoming guests.


I chatted with many customers and friends that I hadn't seen in a long time all day long. We had hoagie and wrap trays delivered by our friends at Slack's Hoagie Shack in Newtown. The featured beers were Hercules double IPA from Great Divide and a saison from Ommegang called Hennepin. A good time was had by all. Rob was liking the champagne that my parents brought.

Of course, there was cake.

Rob forgot his sunglasses so I packed them in the leftovers I was sending to the boys downtown.

I just want to throw a final shout out to all those who had a hand in pulling this mammoth project together and getting it completed on schedule. I want to thank everyone for all the long and sometimes stressful hours involved. We built an amazing store that is a great place to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment